Thursday, May 19, 2016

Backup

Today i wanted to backup my PC. There are 1000 possible ways to. My favorite solution would be: having 5 Dropbox accounts (1 for each device) with unlimited storage... 

Unfortunately this is only possible with a paid team or business license... So... No... Also any other cloud solution costs...

A possible opportunity was owncloud ... an on-premise solution with support for mobile devices. After spending hours installing a wamp-server and owncloud i found out that this can not be hosted on windows (since a couple of version ... Attention there are youtube tutorials for windows -> legacy! No windows support)

I decided to use copy jobs like robocopy or freefilesync for my PC (all directories except: windows and "program files"). This works great...

Last improvement i found is btsync (bit torrent synchronization), which copies directories over the internet. The sync-app is implemented for a lot of devices, so finally I found a way to backup my mobile phones too! yes!

No comments: